My thoughts

Write, delete, write, delete, that is what my morning reflection has consisted of. I decided to just stop creating my stories and write about what is in my heart today.

I often write about what is right and wrong, what is good and bad. Sure there are core values that all mankind holds inside him but aside from the obvious what is truly good or bad. This has intrigued me since the day I started developing my spiritual faith formation. 

Most that read my reflection know how I feel about the institution of church. It is partisan relationship at best. Sometimes I find myself supporting church and other times I see the harm that it can cause. Then I allow myself to consider that church is nothing more than what we put into it. Regardless I still have problems with people that I call "left behind". 

Church files people into categories of good and bad and further characterize actions as right or wrong. Granted it would be silly for me to say that everything is right and good yet we all know that would simply be a lie. The question becomes who does establish all the values that we claim to hold true yet no one seems to be able to follow. We desire to hold others to standards we ourselves have no intention of ever adhering too. So what gives in this dilemma I find myself in. 

Look at the sacrament of marriage if you want to get technical. My gosh that sure as heck causes enough pain, heartache, crime, addiction, bankruptcy, etc. Do we have it right or wrong. I can't imagine anyone saying we have it right when the statistics prove otherwise. What makes marriage good or bad? Who the heck created the norms for such a relationship only to  destroy the very core of it.

Who decides right or wrong, who decides good or bad? Why hold on to hate and bitterness only to see it destroy you. Why hold on to what you think is right when it feels so wrong? It is almost as if the world is bound by some force that is destined to lock us in a state of unhappiness. Thank goodness for the one's that have escaped such manipulation, they have become the movers and shakers in the world.

I would like to think that I have ridden the wave of deception and fallen into the trap of modern day conformity. I was on the inside looking out and all I saw was people that I felt like didn't want in. The truth is that I had it wrong, I wanted out and they really didn't want in. Life is an amazing algorithm of intrigue. The formula for happiness is an ever changing value, but what stays constant is love.

I write about so many things that could cause division yet my sincere goal is to bring about unity. I am not concerned what church or political affiliation anyone belongs too, what I am concerned about is that each one of us finds a way to love again. Leaning to love brings about peace which in turn promotes hope. When hope is present life is being lived. I pray that we can all learn to live outside the box, be creative, stop conforming to a set of norms that does not work and start living life to the fullest.

peace and love
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts