my heart reaching out to yours

Let's talk a few minutes about healing. As I normally do I know I am going to go against the grain of all traditional thinking, but I do believe strongly in what I am about to say. First I want to use a simple analogy to get the thought process rolling. If you cut your finger, you believe 100% that the cut will heal over a short period of time. Experience has led you to create this belief, right. When I was battling cancer I saw this first hand. I witnessed in several people, myself included, how powerful it is to have the faith and belief that the human body can heal. Granted I am not stupid and I do not believe that all things can be healed with hope and trust. Certainly there is prudence to know that modern medical technology is essential but even in those situations when you have an abundance of hope and belief in the healing process miracles occur more often.

Hopefully I have set the stage on my feelings toward believing that God placed in us the ability to help our bodies heal. Now I want to use that same thought process to emotional situations. This is another area that I have personally witnessed the power of healing. Each person reading this knows of someone or you may be that someone that is plagued with emotional issues. Whether it be addiction, broken family trust, outside pressure to conform, struggling with your identity, depression, etc. This is one of those areas that you can fill in the blank with whatever you are facing currently. Please stay with me on this and do not create in your mind what you think I am going to say. This is going to take a few minutes and I will be going around the world to get to my point.

Our social media driven society has created a world of victims. Pay attention please. If you are an avid facebooker, twitter, Google plus, or whatever, you can scroll through the news feeds and read where people post all their emotional issues constantly. I, like you, have read people lash out at others with captions like "you know who you are", or the classic "just sayin". People air out when they feel bad, when they feel sad, when they are mad and all this does or is intended to do is get people on the victim bandwagon and validate their feelings. If you do not believe that just read some of the comments from these victim postings. Responses can vary from "oh my what is wrong", to "you say it girl, tell him like it is". Validating others anger and ill feelings is not helping anyone.

Why do I write this? Because we have or are losing quickly the victor mentality and it is being replaced by the victim mentality and with this comes all kinds of emotional issues that are clearly validated by well intentioned friends. There is NO HEALING going on here, the only thing happening is that the wounds are getting deeper and more infected. Before you know it your heart, emotions, anger, and bitterness are as deep and wide as the Grand Canyon and healing is no where in sight, even though trusting family and friends are gladly offering their advice, with no thought that they are the one's doing the digging.  In most cases God gave us the power to heal and move on. Please keep reading.

It is rare in this day and age that people have the belief or are given the opportunity to heal when it comes to emotions. Friends and family gladly offer their advice and wisdom which more times than not makes a ditch a valley. Friends and family are very good at hedging their bets so in the future they have room to say "I tried to tell him/her but he would not listen". People have this unique way of prying deep into our thoughts and emotions, not to help, but to hurt. Keep thinking about this for a few minutes and I bet you can find situations in your life that if left to yourself you could have healed and moved on, but by sharing with others it validated the emotion and the situation lingers on and on and on. I bet you can think of things you regretted sharing and if you could do it again would have kept it to yourself.

Life is a series of ups and downs, always has been and always will be. We will cut our finger and it will heal. We will get sick every now and then and we will get well. We will become sad, hurt, and disappointed many times in our life and if given the opportunity WITHOUT outside influence we can heal, get well, and move on. Marriages could be healed without outside influence, friends can forgive each other without playing the victim card. We are humans and we make human mistakes, it does not take counseling from friends and family to make a bad situation worse. It takes a simple belief and trust that God gave you the love in your heart to forgive, heal, conquer, and move on.

Be very careful who you trust with your emotions because there will be times when the best (worst) advice will be people saying "I know what I would do if it were me" or worse they try to live out their own depressed life through yours. If we were people of trust and we understood the power of love we would know that many, not all, situations could be healed simply by allowing time and nature to take it's course. I know in my own life I too have had situations that I am not happy about, not proud of, but I have allowed myself to heal with the grace of God, I have forgiven everyone that has trespassed me and I hope I too have been forgiven. I, like many, tried trusting people with my emotions and I quickly realized that very few people have your true feelings as their best interest. Most people create their desired outcome which nearly 100% is not what is best for you.

I believe in healing, I believe in love, I do not and will not believe in the power of victim mentality. Please do not seek others to validate your emotions seek people to accept you where you are and walk with you to victory. Remember trusting someone with your emotions is like putting the key to your heart in someone else's pocket. Time truly does heal most wounds and a forgiving heart is a powerful healer too.

It is crucial to remember that we all have sins, we all fall short of someones expectations, our own included. Your sins are not better or worse than someone else's so be very cautious about how you magnify negativity in someone's life. So far your locked closet may not have been opened but one day it will and I bet it will be filled with the same sins you and others love to exploit others with.

The power of love, the power of trust (in yourself and God), the power of hope can cure most of what we face. If you do not get anything out of this blog but one thing please get this, stop posting victim mentality things on social media. We do not need others to validate our emotions so that the wound can fester for days, weeks or months. Place love and victor mentality back in your life. Love others for their humanity so they can love you too. When someone trusts you with their heart and emotions protect that trust and spend more time listening than talking.

In closing I must say that there are times that professional medical attention is needed, I am not nor will I ever say to forgo seeking help. What I am saying is that the majority of issues we face in life God has given us what we need to heal with peace, love, and forgiveness. It is time we recapture our emotions, and replace our victim thinking with victor. We are creatures of love which is why God placed in us the ability to heal physically and emotionally. Believe in yourself, believe that you are worthy, and most of all believe that you plus God is a powerful force.



peace to all
Dale

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dale this is so true. Very well said.

Popular Posts