Mask of Truth


I decided to have one of those random thought blogs this morning. It is anything goes so you better look out. Or should I say, you better look for the wisdom nuggets embedded.

Is there a such thing as truth? That question has been debated for centuries and honestly it is a good argument without a conclusive answer. The old cliche "the truth will set you free" might be apropos to this BUT it still begs the question. Truth is subjective at best, and it is masqueraded around in an effort to support the person that is attempting to define their point. Can truth be seen, heard, or felt? That changes with the wind. Consider the person that meets Mr (Ms) Wonderful, they fall head over heels in love, but when the SO CALLED truth is revealed that love turns to hatred. That begs the point that truth can't be felt until it is, well true.

I have found that the most debated element of truth is that which pertains to religion. NOT faith, but religion. The rigorous, over the top conservative, hard line, structure that supposedly stimulates or creates our faith. The TRUTH is, well what is the truth. I suppose that depends on your environmental conditioning, or does it? I have found, as you have too, that religion breeds fear in us more so than any single core of our being. We fear to seek the truth because we already know it, or so we are told. I would ask you to share your thoughts as to where you find the TRUTH as it relates to religion but I would go a step further and ask you to do so without quoting from the Bible. Why do I ask that? Because God is a part of who we are and if we allow his love to flow through and out of us we should be able to answer that question without the so called written Word. Which by the way has been debated as well since the day it was made available. Let me insert a disclaimer here, I LOVE to read the Bible. Do I believe it to be the TRUTH? I would ask, do you?

This morning as I continue my trek through the randomness of my cerebral cortex, I ask myself this simply complicated question, Who am I and why am I? See you even ask yourself that question at times too. I think the TRUTH is we are what other people condition us to be. Can you imagine what we would be if we sought out our God defined identity? Would that spring forth a truth in us that provides the keys to the kingdom? I love the early morning questions that roll through my mind like a current seeking it's next path. I am who I am you say, but are you really who you are? You know the old statement we love to make "what you see is what you get" is simply NOT TRUE. Oh wait if it isn't true does that mean I know what the truth is?

Here is what I think I know. I think we spend our lives in search of a self that others spend their lives trying to condition so as to meet their expectations. Read that ten more times please. In our search for meaning we meet obstacles placed in our paths as did generations before us. We are told what to believe, even when the person telling it struggles to believe it. We are told to have faith in that which we cannot see and believe that which we do not understand, and do not question that which we are told is truth. If we compile all of that we end up with a group of zombies going through life as a mere shell of what they could have been. We learn to hate or live in ill contempt for each other because we lost focus of the God given hopes and dreams that were placed in us from birth. We can't be a generation of love if we continue to promote a truth that absolutely cannot pass the litmus test of life. When we are forced to believe what we do not understand and told NOT to question it, what remains is a sad somber reality of THE YOU THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN.

You want to know what the TRUTH is? I think the truth is this, we live a life in the shadows of others which never provides us with what the world really needs. The world needs us, it needs me, it needs you, it does not need what others has conditioned you to be, it needs who God created you to be. TRUTH, you tell me.

Fear hides the truth that resides in our hearts. I can't be me, what if who I really am is not what my family wants me to be. I obviously do not have all the answers because I, like many, do not know the truth about life. In my random thinking though I believe that God would love for me to break the chains of bondage and passionately go after my dreams with a totality of love and drive. I say love for a reason, because if it isn't filled with LOVE I do not believe it comes from God. You cannot be greedy, prideful, mean, jealous, and filled with hate and do the work and will of God.

I guess this blog must come to an end. There is not truth but there are thoughts masked as truth, I will continue to dream and seek out the real person that resides inside me. I hope you find the courage to do the same. Just remember in everything you do, do it with love.

Please keep the emails coming livinadream46@gmail.com

peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts