Does God Exist

I enjoy diving into controversial topics of faith, spirituality, and religion. Today I want to conclude or summarize a blog I have been working on for a few weeks. The theorem we will be working with is the real existence of God. Now you have to admit that is an argument that would be totally off limits to most people. At least publicly anyway. It is an area we all allow ourselves to transgress to we just can't discuss it, which I think is too bad. So I will open the can and hope we can create dialogue among believers as well as non believers.

Here is the premise of my case. I, like most, still find an awe factor when I look up to the stars, or see the beauty of the world we live in. There is always a powerful reason to believe in a higher power that created this amazing universe. But that in and of itself does not prove the existence of a God as we describe. God in our religiosity depiction is a HE that is omni potent and omni present.   We all love to enjoy as well as embellish the way God works in our lives or doesn't work. Consider the so called miracles in our lives, those random events that we give credit to God so as to further our belief. Let's take a short journey.

Do you believe in the tooth fairy? No seriously stay with me on this. We teach our kids that the tooth fairy is real, as is Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, etc.  I know it all is in good fun but is that the premise of what we learn about God? What we learned as children that was real in actuality is pseudo fun.  I do understand the analogy between the Easter Bunny and God is completely different but it does set the stage with the direction I am going. We operate in a psychosomatic world which basically means we can become what we think. If we think something is real it is, at least to us anyway. Hence the incarnate Jesus. Now please understand I am NOT saying that Jesus is not real, this is just a debate on the existence of God as we describe HIM.

How do you explain God? If your only explanation of God is what has been handed down for generations or what you read in the Bible, is that a good evaluation of where our faith and spirituality resides? As we grow in this amazing technological age we find out more and more that what we thought to be true is actually false. Most of what we learned about the universe as kids has been flipped on it's head due to space travel and telescopes. Now we live in an era to where we have to see to believe and even then we still aren't sure. I love to watch the Brain Games because it sure as heck makes you think hard before you say something as silly as "I know what I saw". Now we should be saying something more along the lines "I think I know what I saw".

As we allow our minds to transcend the landscape of faith we must admit that we hope that there is a God that has built the magical place we call heaven. Even though we are taught the lessons we must go by to attain a heavenly eternity it has also been pounded into our heads that if we continue our sinful ways we will wind up in the pits of hell, again as described by generations and Bible teachings.

This blog started basically by asking "does God exist". I am not going to give away my thoughts on this topic just yet but I do want to further muddy the waters. When I look at the absolute perfection into which the celestial heavens and universe operate my mind can only conclude that there is something really amazing guiding this effort. This isn't by chance, for that I have no doubt, but that still begs the original question "does God exist" in the way we have learned throughout history.

The one thing that my mind always goes back to is true agape love. I believe with all my heart that we are born with love in us and that anything outside of that is learned behavior. It is our choice as we navigate through this pathway of years whether or not we promote what we love or bash what we hate. That is where we must ask "does God exist". It is my hope that each person reading this will offer their thoughts on this amazing topic. It takes courage to step outside of the box and blaze a trail others fear to trek. If God does exist as described I can only imagine that HE would want us to go to great lengths to utilize every tool, technology, time, treasure, or talent we have to make darn sure that we seek out and promote the LOVE we have been taught that he stands for.

Be on the lookout for my final thoughts on this topic, coming soon to a blog near you.

peace and love
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts