In Search of God

I am in search of God. Not in the same way we search for Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster. There are no camera's, witness sightings, nor legend. I am simply searching for the creator of the universe. If I allow myself to go back to the origins of this search, I will find myself as a small boy around the age of 11. Life events had uprooted my norm and made me question everything. This line of questioning took many twist and turns over the years. They were neither good nor bad they were just opportunities to gain wisdom in my quest. There were many years that I would suppress the urge to question the existential existence of the creator of the universe. I found myself immersed into traditional thinking that held no answers. Out of fear I remained in that state because I knew I was suppose to have faith that what was being taught was the truth. The problem for me was that the so called truth made no sense. I picked up my bags and hit the road to freedom once again.

Somewhere along the journey I begin to feel God in strange unique ways. I explored reality with a new set of lenses. Now the what if's became why not's and the impossible suddenly became possible. I discovered that all my life, like many, I had boxed God into a small space in my life that reduced his or her awesome love and power. I confined the creator of time and space into human thinking that subjugated the possibilities of an endless reality. What does all this mean? Why do we do this? Why do we allow our conditioning to reduce who we can be?

It means to me that the God I love and seek transcends or imagination in ways that are difficult, not impossible, to imagine. When we open our hearts and minds to the quantum realm we find a land of hopes and dreams that go beyond our wildest thoughts. When we let God out of the box we have placed him in amazing things happen. What was once a dream now becomes reality. All of the sudden our lives are no longer reduced to a status quo that others have so graciously bestowed on us. In the world of the possible we find cures for cancer, we end world hunger, we unite people, we encourage greatness in each other, we love, we share, we discover, we find God.

My search has taught me that is okay to examine my conscience in such away that exalts my love for humanity, nature, space, and time because it is all God. I have realized that this will be a life long journey, which is wonderful because I now look forward to each and every day knowing that the possibility exist for me to discover new truths about the universe that we inhabit. God is so much more than spectacular. Words cannot describe adequately the immense power of the entity that created all that we see and experience.

I no longer see people as good or bad, I simply see people that God created out of love. Certainly we are all subject to environmental conditioning that alters our thoughts and actions but that does not reduce the fact that God created each of us out of love. Every person we meet knows something we don't know, and every person of whom we come in contact has something unique to teach us. I believe that in order for us to fully experience life in the reality of our existence we simply must allow ourselves to be neophytes (new being) and allow the light to enter our soul. We live in darkness, not because we choose too, but because we fear to seek the light.

It isn't easy to alter or change a lifetime of conditioning, trust me I understand that. Fear stops us from experiencing God to the fullest. It takes self discovery and self love to wake up the giant within. There is no question that God is all encompassing externally. All we have to do is look around and look up to see the mastery of creation. But the real experience of God in our lives is internal. When we allow the spirit of God to come alive inside us all of the sudden we see the world through a new set of lenses. No longer is skin color, gender, age, religion, nor socioeconomic status important. Now we have the ability to see people as God sees them. We can become one in creation. But we can't do it when we keep God in a box hidden in the corner of our hearts and homes. We must realize that to experience the awesome love we must love ourselves in totality.

Experiencing God doesn't require giving up your religion or faith, matter of fact it just might validate your faith in new and exciting ways. The best part about discovering yourself and the God within though is how your view of the world will change. As I say daily and it is worth repeating here, "how you see the world creates the world that you see". Let's set aside all the preconceived notions about how we are supposed to experience God and let's actually experience God. The world has conditioned us to be cynical, judgmental, prejudice, bitter, and scared. God will condition us to become part of the world so as to see it with eyes of love, acceptance, forgiveness, wisdom, and beauty.

I love my journey and I love experiencing all that God has to offer. I believe in the endless possibilities of the human mind because God created us to discover the impossible. I believe in the power of love and with all my heart I believe with out a doubt that we are entering one of the most amazing times in history. We are living in an era to where great minds are showing us that we can and will transcend time and space. We will discover fascinating ways to build bridges and tear down walls. All this is wonderful but the most amazing discovery of all is when you discover how freaking awesome you really are. Do not box yourself into a belief that you are not worthy. You are God's greatest miracle however it is up to you to discover the power within.

peace and love
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts