BELIEF IS THE END OF THINKING!



Once again I find myself going through the metamorphosis of my spiritual life. If you have followed this journey over the last eight years via this blog you would have seen the transformation from my religious belief to one of open minded almost doctrinal rebellion. This quite possibly could be the same journey you face cloistered in your mind. Ironically as much as I attempted to shift my writing away from the dogma of my faith, without my conscientious awareness I would slip back to my comfort zone. There is a quote that says "life begins outside your comfort zone". I find that very true simply due to the difficulty I had escaping it.

Here I am, relaxing in my chair in front of my computer. Before me is an unorganized desk filled with ink pens, paper, and books. Somewhere in the debris field is a keyboard that encapsulates the block letters that will be used for my mental escape. I love to write, I love to utilize my mind as the conduit to my spiritual being. The problem I face, as do many, is that my environmental conditioning has become a road block for my quest to understand my true self. If you give thought to what I am saying you will realize that it isn't what we know that drives us, it is what we have been told to believe. You see BELIEF IS THE END OF THINKING. Before you decide that I am crazy, just think about that statement that I wrote in red. Some say "God has a plan for me" so they wait and they wait and next thing you know life is over. They allowed their belief to end their thinking. I have come to belief through critical thinking that God's plan is for us to become the best version of ourselves possible. To be great stewards of this earth, to spread love, to be compassionate, to be curious, to be respectful, and to push the limits beyond where we were told they end.

As much as I have pushed myself toward enlightenment the more drawn I become to my life long conditioning. You may ask "what is so bad about that". It isn't bad at all, if you are comfortable with where you are spiritually and emotionally. If you find yourself wandering if there is more to life than what you see or know, then maybe you are not as comfortable as you think. As for me, I want more, I need more, I desire, and I seek more. I know that I must push against the human walls in order to escape this comfort zone I find myself in. I no longer want to be captive to a belief that I have been told to follow. It isn't so much that I do not belief, it is the seeking that I desire.

This morning I asked myself , why I allowed my belief to end my thinking? What I discovered was how much I protected that which I believed to be true. I could not accept the fact that what I believed was rooted in faith not fact. I needed to allow my mind to transcend my thinking to the point that ego could leave and God could enter. As I reflect with my keyboard and computer it becomes ever clear that I, like many, struggle with where I am spiritually. It is as if I have to hide in an effort to think. As humans we all seek God, we desire to know the being that created us, yet it is so complex because we literally have to escape in order to find. We have been taught that seeking outside of the box we have been placed in is a sin. I have come to believe that we sin against God when we place boundaries on our belief.

Over the years I have read amazing books about faith, spirituality, religion, and the mind. There is so much we do not know, yet we get so drawn into the belief that we should not seek, we should just believe. We were created by an amazing God that placed within us the curiosity to discover truths about ourselves and our world. When we strive to block those discoveries we reduce ourselves and the world in which we live to a militaristic thinking not compassionate thinking. If you do not believe what I just wrote all you have to do is scroll through social media news feeds. It is filled with post that attempt to force a belief that divides not unites.

As I conclude this blog I have come to realize that I drifted back to a place I was trying to escape. Thank goodness for conscientious awareness because now I will focus on moving my life forward and not running in place. We have so much to discover about ourselves and the world in which we live. In my humble mind I now belief that the only way to bring humanity back together is through compassionate understanding of our spiritual surrounding. No religion will do it because they all create division. It will take a totality of love for God, a love for self, and a love for the common good of mankind. I am now actively seeking that higher enlightenment that will keep my path growing toward learning. No longer will allow a belief to end my thinking.

peace and much love
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts