Does God exist

Every few months I catch myself regressing back into the trap of writing with timid caution. I, like you, have my thoughts yet for some reason I fail to share them. It is as if I do not want people to know what I really think so I write with passive hints of my heart yet also staying close to the middle, if that makes sense. This morning I am once again going to let my thoughts, with all their depth, make it to the blog I am attempting to write.

Let's say for the sake of conversation that there is a God. Obviously God isn't the one described by many mainstream religions. If there is a God he surely isn't in control of the world or if so then he for sure isn't the God I have been taught to love. Go ahead think about it. I understand that this isn't a subject you can freely discuss yet it is one that occupies more of your mind than you care to admit.

Loved one's get sick, they die, people starve to death, depression is rampant, good and evil seems to reside in the same body almost at the same time, some live long lives, some live short lives, some are born normal (by our definition), some are born crippled or blind, and the list goes on and on. If God exist you would think we would all have equal opportunity for a happy healthy life. A few days ago I read about an 18 year old leaving his graduation only to be hit head on and killed by a drunk driver. Do you think those family and friends questioned the existence of God?

Where is the love that we all seek? Is it everywhere, is it nowhere, does it exist at all? We love one minute, hate the next. It is as if our heart and mind are so out of sync that we live in a confused delusional state all the time. If we seek love why in the world is it so hard to come by and even harder to hang on to. Maybe we have been so caught up in the definition of love that we can't even feel what it truly is.

The old saying "what you will allow is what will continue" is really where my mind is today. Who is God and what is love are subjects that can have a negative connotation if we allow it too. I am sure you thought that is where this blog was going. I can't allow my mind to go to the "what if's or why not's" in a negative way, I must explore those ageless questions with openness and a willingness to seek understanding. I realize that the God I have been taught to believe isn't the God of the universe. That is some mythical figure that places favor on some while cursing others. You have to admit it is true. Just look at people that are in your circle of influence. There are some that seem luckier than others, some that seem to catch all the breaks, while others live by the Gospel (as some call it), only to see their lives end early or endure terrible suffering. Then there are people in third world countries that die by the millions in extreme poverty. The have's pray for more while the have not's pray for food. Interesting you must admit.

What about love? If our model of love is how God treats his children, well that leaves a lot to question doesn't it? Maybe we need to get on the so called good list. Granted that doesn't mean living your life by the letter of the law according to the Bible because that doesn't work either. Many of the one's that have tried that wound up living horrific lives while others do seem to fall into God's love. Regardless I know for a fact this is a subject you think about often just can't seem to find anyone to discuss it with.

The ground work is there and here is my conclusion to the this topic TODAY. That could change tomorrow beings I live my life dynamic not static. There is a God, yes I believe that with all my heart and soul. That God did set the wheels of time in motion that lead to our creation. I believe that God does have tremendous love for us yet he knows in his infinite wisdom that he can't control our minds or there would be no need for our existence. Where does that leave us in this very confusing place in time we call life?

Can you imagine learning to love each other just as they are. Gay, straight, black, white, fat, skinny, old, young, transgender, crippled, blind, mentally ill, Christian, Hindu, atheist, or agnostic. Simply learn to love people for who they are so they can love us as we are. That doesn't mean that you can't have passionate platforms that expand our ability to learn, love, explore, and grow. It means that we should not judge people on our skewed beliefs of how we think things should be. There is enough polarity in the world already that centers around so called love and hate.

If you find yourself so stressed out over the conditions of the world, I would ask you to change your view. There was a time that all I saw was the negative that the media sensationalized almost hourly. Then one day I had an epiphany, I began to see the world as it was rather than how I was. My eyes opened to a love I never had seen before. People looked more beautiful, they became more friendly, the sun shined brighter, the flowers looked prettier, my family was nicer, my books had more meaning, my life had a purpose, I suddenly mattered. I was blind but now I see the world around me. Instead of questioning the existence of God I started questioning the existence of my love towards God creation. How could I ever reach the heights of God's agape love if I never allowed his creations to permeate my soul? I changed my life by changing my view. Every other week I write in this blog that the way we see the world isn't the way the world is, it is the way we are". You want to change the world around you? Change the way you see it.

The world truly is a beautiful place. Yes it is fraught with humanity everywhere we look. That fragility and lack of love is as much our responsibility as it is anyone's. I recall several years ago a man standing outside screaming up at the heavens. In his words he shouted out to God "do you not see the pain, suffering, depression, hate, and hunger in the world?" He then said "if you are God and you see all this why don't you do something" In God's gentle yet firm voice he spoke back the man and said "I did do something, I sent you". We are God's hand's, feet, eye's, and ear's here on earth. It takes us to make the changes the world needs to expand the love that resides in us all. For me, I will love more, I will forgive often, I will accept people for who they are, not who I desire them to be. I will continue to evolve so I can give back to the world that has given so much to me. If God needs us to be his expression of love, I am going to do my part right now.

peace and love
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts