Freedom to LIVE my life!



 It has been a couple years since I have written a blog. Why? Well, that is a good question with a profound answer. The why, on the surface, seems simple. The truth is, however, is complex. WHY? I lost the courage to be authentic. Oh it's true, it's damn true. I really did.

My search for self has been overwhelming the last few years. When my cancer returned July of 2018 it was either the beginning or the end. According to doctors it was the end, as for myself, it was a fresh start. While lying in a hospital bed briefly contemplating the brevity of life,  I had an epiphany. I am dying and I never truly lived. Sure I have had a great life, filled with an abundance of blessings, but that doesn't mean I have lived my passionate purpose. So, I lay in the bed, tubes, monitors, and nurses everywhere. The light came on. No, not the light in the room, the mental light that illuminated my heart and soul glowed with intensity. I am ALIVE. So freaking act like it. This is my life, the only one I have, WAKE UP. 

My question became, what do I do with my new lease on life? What do I do to make my fire burn again. The solution added another layer to the conundrum of breathing life into a dying body. Here is my story that began anew that summer of 2018.

I had to unlearn everything that made me believe what I believe. Open my mind, listen to the sounds of nature, of people, feel the vibrations within myself. Cut those locks and chains that have molded me into domestication. Literally break free. FREE, yes FREEDOM. Free from what? Yourself and all preconceived notions that have blocked you from living up to your potential. I did it. I broke free. 

My health improved as much as possible. Yes I still have late stage cancer. I have bags on both sides of my body. Yet I am living more ALIVE today than ever before. I broke religious affiliations, political ideologies, I gave myself permission to be me. I wasn't sure who me was, but I am now. FREEDOM comes at a price. Your tribe mostly likely will not support your search for self. They will say they do, and they will attempt to, until you cross that threshold of the way they think your life should be. 

My new tribe, yes new, as in new people. We love together, grow together, share joys and hardships, we talk, listen, debate, yet never argue our position. We listen with the intent to learn and grow. I am now the me I always wanted to be. This is the start of my latest trek. Hope you will follow my journey where ever it may lead. I am ready to change the world and it starts with me.

My years long writers block is over. The ragpicker is back. Get ready for a new Dose of Dale.


Peace be with you

Dale

Comments

Popular Posts