Self Discovery


This morning I looked back over some older writings to see if my style had changed. Going back nearly three years I found a reflection called "If I Could Turn Back Time". I loved the message of hope it contains and it also reflects where I was mentally and emotionally at that point in life. Fast forward several months I discovered a hidden jewel titled "The Will to Win". As I scoured over it a couple times I discovered that it too described a period in my life to where I was trying to find who and where I was.

Today, as I think back with a keen eye forward, I see the style of my writing has changed dramatically. In older reflections I was seeking hope where as now I try to provide hope. I went from living in the past to enjoying the present while looking forward to tomorrow. With child like enthusiasm I once again dream of grander things. My imagination is on overload allowing myself to believe the impossible.

I think as we mature to a place where we no longer live as others expect us to live, nor do we aspire to stay on the platform others have placed us on, we can finally find the inner person that has been hidden for so many years. Self discovery is fascinating. Think back to your teen years as you were discovering all the awesome things about the world, your body, your dreams, you hopes, life was a whirlwind of emotional freedom. We can still have that today, I believe it, and I try to live it.

If I could turn back time I would choose not to. I am where I am, with what I have, and I will go forward with amazing expectant hope with the will to win.The chains of yesterday have been broken. The shattered dreams are things of the past. Today is the day I start my journey forward into a land of milk and honey.

Let's give ourselves permission to expand our belief system. Stimulate the brain cells God placed in us and fire up the neurotransmitters and let's get the ball rolling. We will no longer accept what the media tells us. The economy is not so bad that we have to hide in a closet, we do not need to amass weapons for some impending catastrophe doomsayers think up, what we need is to climb the mountain of hope, stand on the edge and shout out "I AM ALIVE". The view from the top is so much brighter, cooler, and awe inspiring than anything you will find if you are hiding from who you are.

I am ready to live forward not backwards. I will not rewind just to replay the same old mistakes from yesterday. I will use those mistakes as wisdom to catapult me into the success of tomorrow. Let's live folks, the clock is ticking. No more drama, no more revenge, no more judgement, no more soapboxes, no more doomsday, no more hate. From this point forward we will encourage ourselves and others to be the best we can all be. We will go forward with hope, love, acceptance, and forgiveness. Most of all we will dream again, believe it, live it.

peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts